The Catered Affair
Job Title: Production Assistant
Department: Sales & Production
Reports to: Director of Sales and Production
To work as a team to exceed the expectations of our clients and their guests, while creating an atmosphere of personal and professional satisfaction for our employees.
The Production Assistant supports the Sales & Production team. The production assistant is responsible for disseminating information to internal departments and interfacing with clients to cultivate long-term relationships. This role is vital to the overall success of our events.
• Create, Maintain and Distribute Internal Production Documents
• Source vendors and place rental orders
• Act as primary point person for all vendors procured by The Catered Affair
• Assist Sales and Production Team with client experiences including design/planning meetings and tastings
• Oversee event set-ups and load-ins
• Assist with timeline on events, such as cueing formalities and programming details
• Answer office phones and emails as needed
• Maintain office supplies and order replacements as needed
• Responsible for office tidiness, and inventory of event supplies
• Experienced and competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Caterease.
• Skilled in computer and technology applications, with ability to problem solve hardware and software.
• BA desirable, but not required
• 2+ years hands-on sales administration experience preferred
• 2+ years hands-on event experience preferred
JOB KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS REQUIRED
• Keen knowledge of Food & Wine
• Uncompromised customer service orientation
• Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• High degree of accuracy in regards to details of multiple data points
• Ability to prioritize tasks and a strong sense of urgency to ensure tasks are completed on time
• Ability to consistently confirm delegated duties to ensure accurate understanding
• Must be able to speak clearly on a telephone
• Must be able to lift 20# over your head
• Must be able to sit at a computer terminal for extended periods of time
• Must have a valid driving license with a good driving record
• The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.